Ecowagon convert VW T6 campervans to the highest standards. We thought you would like to read about our customers’ vans and experience their trips.
There’s always a new adventure to enjoy and we hope you start yours soon (in an Ecowagon T6 converted Transporter).
We were given this amazing photo of a van we built back in 2016 owned by Alan and Tracey. They are about to start a new chapter in their life touring the UK and further in their van Glo. Scroll down to see the amazing picture featuring the converted VW T6 in all its glory (and click to zoom). Wow, wish you were there?
You can follow them on their adventure on instagram or their website www.glovantastic.co.uk
Good luck guys, Kenny and the team @ecowagon.
Do like yellow? We think it’s the epitome of sunshine and optimism. Okay, so for some a yellow T6 conversion might be a bit much, thing is, it does look really good!
Our client Paul Oster made a bold move and asked us to do two things. Firstly change the Indium Grey paintwork to this upbeat yellow and then carry out a complete Expo VW Transporter conversion. We happily obliged and Paul is one very satisfied customer.
A few facts about this VW T6 conversion:
- The interior is very light and spacious thanks to the colourway of white, yellow and grey.
- As mentioned above we resprayed the van and we know which colours work for our clients. Just ask our advice if you fancy something a bit different or want to make a statement.
- The units are fully edge banded with soft close full extension doors.
- We’ve refined the design yet again and improved the wardrobe adding more storage (we listened and gave you more storage). Ecowagon operate a continuous improvement programme and we constantly learn from our clients.
- The electrical system has been redeveloped and we now use the highly reliable and well tested Votronic triple charge system. Add to this the Jupiter control panel and you have a very flexible and capable system. Find out more about the Votronic VPC by clicking here.
- Now we’ll make you’re mouth water… Paul asked us to install an auto levelling VB air suspension. What a great bit of kit and most of our clients are now asking for this option. We think the auto level feature is great for saving relationships when camping on uneven ground (all puns intended).
- And finally, it’s an Ecowagon Expo conversion that offers the very best in VW campervan technology, ergonomics and convenience.
Fancy one of these amazing VW T6 conversions? Just get in touch for a no pressure calm consultation. No hard sell, you make the decisions and we are here to help every step of the way to realise your dream conversion.
At Ecowagon our clients travel from all corners of the British Isles to purchase a VW camper conversion. It’s fair to say that we haven’t sold a campervan to anyone from Shetland (yet) but we recently had two clients travel from Kendal in Cumbria.
So what do we offer to encourage our customers to travel such a long way?
- Firstly it has to be our excellent design, manufacture, specification and finish. Our customers constantly tell us that we create fantastic VW conversions.
- When you commit to purchasing a VW camper conversion from Ecowagon we’ll organise accommodation for you for a couple or three nights. Visit Cornwall, enjoy the landscape, the sites, a pasty, or enjoy a surf and then receive a full refund for your B&B. Yep, we refund the cost of your accommodation up to three nights.
- Not all our clients have a van yet. We have excellent dealer contacts and can source new or nearly vans for you at keen prices.
- Our clients love our first class customer service and sales. With this don’t read “pushy” or “won’t let you off the hook”. You’re the customer, you make the final decisions, it’s your van! We will help and advise every step of the way – that’s what we’re here for!
- Flexibility… You want lime green splashbacks. Great, we’ll fit them. You want an extra widget, gadget or custom styling. Perfect, we’ll do this for you. You need confidence in your conversion. Not a problem, we offer a three year warranty on any work we do or equipment we fit.
Some of you may have seen our demo Expo VW campervan conversion on the front cover of the VWt March 2019 magazine edition. We’re thrilled to say that we’ve just sold it to a client who travelled from Sutton Coldfield. The sale price? £70k! Arguably this VW conversion is stunning and fully loaded with all manner of kit and styling accents. We (and our client) think it is excellent value.
Our client has ordered a brand new interior; the original colour scheme is excellent but not to his taste. However, he does like the Mojave Beige van colour which doesn’t sound that great in name but it is a very subtle and smart colour in the flesh. Lot’s of fun and adventures to be had in this campervan conversion!
The original interior is being fully recycled and fitted to a new hire van that we’re currently building.
We’re pleased to say that we sold our recent Expo Plus conversion (at the full asking price) to a highly discerning customer who required a high-spec, fully loaded VW conversion. Now it’s time for their venture. Good luck with your travels, the Ecowagon Team.
So how did the van and conversion hold up on the trip? We thought you would like to know (we don’t shy away from issues that occur on rigorous trips and adventures).
Paul mentioned that there had been a few mechanical issues with the van – not surprising considering their “heavy trip”. He also fed back to us on how our gear held up. Suffice to say that we are repairing our equipment and fixing the issues they encountered under our three year warranty.
Here’s a list of things that succumbed to their punishment (only joking P&M)…
- The ring fell off the USB socket but we just super glued it back on and we are happy with it like this and it’s doesn’t need changing.
- The control panel for the electrics sometimes flashed and made a beeping noise before shutting itself off, maybe a power surge?
- The LPG gauge had a tendency to show only a few bars even although it was full.
- The Velcro which the bed sits on very quickly wore though and as you can see from the photo (below) we just put a couple of bits of towel to stop the rattling.
- Cracks appeared on one side of the bed where it fixed into the struts.
- The knob fell off the thermostat.
- Needs a new hinge on the back door of the cupboard… my fault as I closed the back doors on it without it being closed properly.
- The back left blind (looking from inside) doesn’t close up properly , it broke after a short space of time. The rest of them are working fine.
- One of the gas hobs is not working… it was ok one week and the not lighting the next week. When it was alight it didn’t stay on when it sprang back up.
It was great to meet customers new and old at the Westpoint Caravan & Motorhome Show in January 2019. Kenny, Jay and Misty (our Chief Barking Officer) were on hand to answer customer questions and demo three stunning VW T6 conversions.
One of the great benefits of visiting a trade show is that you have loads of time to experience our conversions and of course compare them to our competitors – we genuinely think our VW Transporter conversion are the best. We received great feedback and always listen to your comments, good, bad or inspirational.
We hope you enjoyed the show and don’t hesitate to call Ecowagon on 01209 843654 if you require any further information or wish to place an order. We’re to help and prepare your VW van for new adventures (or find a new or pre-owned VW van for you).
Kenny and the team.
Join Ecowagon at Westpoint Exeter between 25th and 27th January 2019 for a day of all things caravan and motorhome. The show is held both in the main indoor arena and across the grounds. Catering, hot drinks and food options are available. Easy access to the site and free parking included.
Experience our stunning VW Transporter conversions and enjoy the huge range of both new and used caravans and motorhomes. We think our conversions are the best, see what you think (and don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have).
We look forward to meeting you at the show, just look for the amazing vans and the Ecowagon banners! Kenny, John, Misty and the team at Ecowagon.
Steve came us with a toaster (yes, for toasting bread) and an old builders VW T5 van. Back to the toaster… Steve really liked the colour of the sage green toaster and wanted this colour featured on the inside of his VW T5 conversion. We suggested painting the bottom half of the van in the sage green as well. He wanted chrome handles and side bars but we encouraged him to tone all this down and the resulting van conversion is featured here.
Alan and Laura asked us to convert their VW T5 back in 2016 at the time when we had started design the Expo conversion. In fact we like to think of this as a pre-Expo because it has many of the features that we eventually designed into the Expo VW conversion camper van.
Take a look at their amazing pics:
VANLIFE is a must read blog for anyone who relishes and adventure and enjoys an amazing trip.
Paul and Mirjam’s images are featured all over our website from their immense trip around the USA in an Ecowagon Expo VW T6 Highline conversion. The van was originally a panel van and we carried out a full and comprehensive conversion.
Alan (aka glovantastic), Tracey and Frank (the dog) look like they’re having a ball in their Ecowagon Expo VW conversion named Glo (GLO-van-tastic). We thought you would like to view their adventures; they are rather amazing.
Featured here is a small gallery and you can click the button below to view a much more extensive gallery or visit Alan’s Instagram page.
As of 2018 we’ve been converting camper vans for around 10 years. For much longer our enthusiasm for VW campers has been deep rooted and passionate.
We genuinely know a thing or two about VW vans and have converted and refurbished Type 2, T4, T5 and T6 as well vans from other manufacturers.
Ecowagon was incorporated in 2012 and continues to create the most amazing VW Transporter conversions. Our customers constantly tell us that were are the best. Of course we don’t just want to be the best, we want to be the reference point for VW T5 and T6 conversions.
Our first proper conversion:
We love to hear from our customers and they do stay in touch. Here’s a great story from John and Jackie who have been touring Spain.
Dear Kenny and the boys.
We made it across biscay last Saturday without loosing my breakfast. We have legged it down south just arriving in Seville today. Weather has been improving by the day and it was lunch outside with the awning up when we arrived here. Still nothing major has fallen off I will wash the van and try for some more arty pictures for you.
John & Jackie
Ecowagon has been converting VW vans to campervans at its Cornish base for some time but 2018 saw its exhibit at the Motorhome and Caravan Show for the first time. Print Editor Stuart Kidman of Caravan and Camping Club took a closer look at one of its latest models, the Expo Plus VW T6 conversion.
The price in the video review is advertised at £67,000.00 for the base van and conversion. Expo Plus conversions start at £34,995.00 and the Expo VW camper van conversion is from £17,995.00. You can see the prices of all our conversions here.
It was a privilege to hear Stuart sing our praises:
We sat in the Expo Plus and it’s utterly stunning… really, really excellent conversion.
Nick Harding took a look at the Ecowagon Switch bespoke Volkswagen campervan conversion boasting a plethora of luxury options which Club members Jeff and Nikki have been using to tour Africa. Read the full test report of this very special Ecowagon Switch VW conversion on pages 102-104 in the June 2018 issue of the Club Magazine (if you’re a subscriber).
Please note that the van is reported at a price of £80,000 but the conversion is from £24,995.00 (as of November 2018). Jeff and Nikki purchased a very high spec VW Transporter van for this conversion.
We were recently invited along with 12 of the countries top converters to take part in a Camper Showdown.
We came out very well and you can read all results when they are published in the camper mags mid November along with a video. Wish us luck. We have a few campers that went to the show for sale on our website, so take a peak and get it on the action! Can’t find a van you like? Click here to find out about pre-reg, new or pre-owned vans; we can help.
We are concentrating on getting our demo vans converted ready for camper jam at the moment watch this space for some exciting news soon.
George Eustice MP recently visited Ecowagon. Based near Redruth, Ecowagon takes used and brand new vans and converts them into luxury camper vans. Ecowagon recently won “What Motorhome” magazine’s Camper Van of the Year Award. This has inspired expansion of the business and the creation of new jobs.
Exciting news – we now have a full sized in-house precision CNC machine to help create great conversions all now from on site. Take a look at the machine in action on our Facebook page.
The Ecowagon team will be the West Point Arena Show – 26th, 27th and 28th January 2018. Come and see our camper van conversions and meet the team. See you there.
Dear Kenny and lads.
Just to let you know we have been off for a couple of days to Dartmoor to trial the van. Everything was fine and still nothing has dropped off. We are very pleased with the fit out work and the van is a delight to drive compared to the T4. Attached is a picture, not an inspiring dream shot but nubile maidens and endless palm fringed beaches were scarce in Lydford.
John & Jackie
Our customers travel far and wide for an Ecowagon VW Transporter conversion. Dot and Tricia journeyed all the way from Dundee to Cornwall after spending a year of reasearch and many hours looking at other van conversions. Featured here is their stunning walnut and cream Expo Plus.
Thought you might want to see a of pic of our Westy camper conversion that we showcased at the Volksworld Show and a few pics on location in Cornwall.
From April 2016, MMM magazine look at some of the best T5 VW campervans on the market. We had some stiff competition here but we decided to present a van that definitely had character!
The Ecowagon Ultimate Explorer (no longer produced) is reviewed – a forerunner to the Expo and Expo Plus. Inspired by a Scottish colour palette with heather and moorland hues, this VW conversion interior is BRIGHT and BOLD in equal measures. Please note that this conversion does not have the bespoke Ecowagon blinds that we now fit to our T5 and T6 conversions. Many other advances have been made too including technology and flexibility. We constantly improve and innovate.
The Ecowagon review begins at 12 minutes and 23 seconds and ends at 15 minutes and 59 seconds.